

First thing- I have become obsessed with Apples to Apples. Christy originally introduced me to this wonderful game, and now Kat owns it. It has surpassed In a Pickle, also a fun game, because as Kat says, it's less controversial. There's less yelling. :)
Secondly, I have been working very diligently on thank-you notes to the kiddoes (see the massive pile I had to sort through). It went something like this:
Dear (student's name),
Thank you so much for the ornament/chocolate/candy/bread/cocoa mix/gift card that you gave me! It was delicious/beautiful/great! I loved it/can't wait to use it! I hope you and your family had a very merry Christmas.
-Miss Ross
**I hear that if you are there when someone hands you a present and you say "thank you," then a note isn't necessary (according to etiquette rules). What do you know of this?? Let me know if this is true...**

11 comments:
i L-O-V-E your new template. very nice! also, i think you should continue your TY notes like a good little teacher...even though the kids will throw them away. it's the gesture.
well and the parents will love it, since theyre the ones who do the presents anyway. paul got a lot of presents from his students too, so nice. i got one, which is pretty good since i have four private art students. and let me tell you that present made my WHOLE EFFING DAY. for real!
maybe i should go into teaching. you racked up. i think thankyou notes are the way to go. it makes them feel special. what a good teacher you are.
New template looks great! I've actually looked into this question myself in the past, and the word is that there is never a substitute for a hand written thank-you (even if you've spoken it to them in person).
Thanks for the props on the new makeover, yo's. I couldn't take much more of the dots.
i know you're all into apples to apples right now, but you're missing out.
the game, THE game, is BLOKUS. get your fill of a2a first cause once you go blokus you don't go back.
call me.
of course it's true, the master of etiquette would not lead you astray on your HT. Witness!
http://www.veen.com/leslie/sermons/more_than_a_matter_of_etiquette.html
Anyone know what blokus is? I've never heard of such things.
i hear apples to apples is rockin. my other friend kat recently got it and we're trying to get together to test it out. another thing that the thank you notes does is impart a little etiquette on those little beasts of yours...kids these days...
ALWAYS send a note. Period.
Your blog looks great. My interview got its ass kicked by me! It was great. I don't want to leave you guys. Don't make me go help people, I want to play apples to apples and drink beer instead. Notes are good. I need to send thank you notes to my interviewers.
Post a Comment