Friday, January 27, 2006

My deep love for John Hughes...

Oh, how I love thee, John Hughes. He's the genius behind "The Breakfast Club," "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles," "Pretty in Pink," "Sixteen Candles," and "Weird Sceince." I own almost every movie he's made. One of the most important ones is "Ferris Bueller's Day Off," a personal favorite Saturday-afternoon movie. Market Street Cinema is showing this cinematic great on Tuesday evening. Anyone interested? Since I never got to see it in the theater...
Take a John Hughes movie trivia quiz here. I got 9 out of 10 (it was a STUPID mistake too... I wasn't thinking).
I had a funny picture from the Saucer last night, but my camera is dead and isn't letting me retrieve photos. Whoops! Next week, then. Have a great weekend, everyone.

5 comments:

the gloria family said...

I got 9/10 too. i didn't know the great oudoors was a john hughes movie. going to see ferris in the theater sounds awesome. are you doing that b-day thing saturday? i will probably go to the rose if anyone is interested. i'd like to hang out. we haven't hung out on the weekend for two weeks.

brooke knight said...

i am pretty sure that i could watch ferris every single day of my life and not be sick of it. that's a rare distinction with movies....wish i could go!
:D

Susan said...

I have a fantastic sorority shirt from an 80's mixer than has Ferris' face huge on the back and under him, it says, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Of course, it's the old baseball style with maroon sleeves and white torso. Still wear it. Check out www.uselessmoviequotes.com and click on the movie title for more ingenuity!

Elizabeth Spann said...

By the way, does anyone notice the uncanny resemblance between Cameron and Cody (see next picture!)??
He gets that all the time. That and the guy from Foo Fighters and Nirvana.

Leah Billings said...

I love Ferris Bueller. I've always been attracted to Matthew Broderick in this movie, but I'm not attracted to him in real life.