Monday, January 09, 2006

It's the ropes & the reins, it's the joy & the pain, and they call the thing a rodeo

I had a pretty sweet weekend, mostly because I went to the PBR at Altell Saturday night, ya'll! It was a blast. Some of those bulls were completely crazy! One guy got 91 points, which is pretty dang good. I found myself standing up and cheering for them when they stayed on. I found myself taunting the bulls- "Is that all you got?? Come on!!" I found myself talking with a thicker-than-usual accent. It must have been all the Wranglers and cowboy hats.
It brought back memories of a time when my friends thought they were cowboys, drove big ol' trucks, and wore cowboy hats. Times when we went muddin' for fun on the weekends. Times of 4-wheelers and barbeques. Ooooh those were the days.
My only regret is the I missed the opportunity to see Whiplash, the monkey cowboy. Watch the video to see him in all his majesty! Another time, perhaps.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We Went Last Year when they came to St. Louis. It Was awesome, packed with cowboys and rednecks. It made us feel at home!!! WE are going again next tiem they come in about a month I think!

Susan said...

I was there Friday night. It was a blast. I forgot to take pictures unfortunately, but I broke out the boots and hat as well. Actually, I wear them on a pretty regular basis, so it wasn't that rare. Did they have the 14 year old roping prodigy Sat. night? He was awesome!

Elizabeth Spann said...

Did no one watch the Whiplash video?? Testing... testing...
:)