
As promised, this weekend I went up to the NWA to say goodbye to my wonderful friend Chandle. She's leaving this morning for D.C. to join AmeriCorps. She's completely hard core. Friday we went to Fayetteville to visit Virginia. Little did we know that there would be 300,000 crazy bikers ALSO in Fayetteville this weekend for the Biker, Blues, and BBQ festival. It was insane. We had to park like a mile from V's apartment and wind our way through the millions of cars parked on the streets. We attempted Dixon Street, but we could barely move, and the smell of leather and exhaust was overwhelming. I don't think I'll become a biker babe any time soon!
Saturday, Chandle's parents had a family gathering to say goodbye. Megan Page came into town (she lives in Lincoln, which is about 20 minutes from Siloam Springs). We went to her house after the par-tay and hung out on her deck that her hubby built. It was great to see her! I had a great time up there!
Chandle- I am so proud of you! You're doing a great thing up there, and you're going to be wonderful. Fantastico goes to Washington! Good luck, and we will miss you!!
PS- I have 3 posts today... make sure you read them!

7 comments:
I read them, I love you. You are wonderful. You couldn't pay me to teach 7th grade, you're a saint.
P.S. I'm terrified, come rescue me.
just kidding
no really they are crazy here
just kidding
that ROCKS, my best friend from HS did americorps and is actually doing the in-city program now for a total of 2 americorps experiences...she had nothing but fab things to say about it....yay for clinton!
Yay for Clinton DROPPING DEAD. Either one of them. The world would be a better place if any and all Clintons expired
Uhhh alrighty. Whatever you say.
seriously, what's up with that person?
I think "anonymous" must suffer from a severe case of loneliness (people like that will take any sort of attention, even if it's negative, right?) Poor "anonymous"
Yeah, I can, but then anyone who doesn't have a blog won't be able to comment either. I'll just keep ignoring stupid people.
Post a Comment