
Yes, I am a vegetarian. That means I do not eat meat. No red meat. Absolutely no pork. No chicken. No turkey. Shock! Gasp! I will admit that every once in a while, I will slide and eat the occasional fish. But that is not very often at all. I love the look people give me when I politely decline to eat something. "No thank you," I say. "Why? Don't you like it?" they ask me. It's not that I don't like it. I love meat. It's tasty, what can I say? I just choose to not eat it. I don't look at you like you're crazy for eating it, so why must you think I'm crazy when I pass on it? I eat everything else people! Well, besides syrup. And honey. And cooked fruit. And please don't have a vanilla candle lit (or unlit sometimes if it's strong) anywhere near me. Ok, so maybe I have a few hangups. That's what makes me special.
Thanksgiving and the holidays always makes me do this. People just don't get it. Meat=tasty, so why not?? It's amazing to me how whole holiday meals revolve around the meat. My ma sure does make a dang fine turkey. Sigh... I'm sure it's delicious, people, but no thanks. I'll just enjoy my potatoes and green bean casserole. Thanks, though. :) One day I'll even splurge on the tofurkey, but not yet. Although I do bring it for lunch every day. Mmmm!
Anyway, have a good turkey day, people. Enjoy your meat. :) What is everyone doing for the holiday?
If anyone is interesting in going out on Friday, let me know. I'm going to show my baby cousin (age 21) the town. Whoo hoo, Little Rock!

13 comments:
that's ok i still love you. i am up for something friday. have a good potato and green bean day!!!
Aww... thanks. All day I've had people asking me what in the world I was going to eat on Thursday. People DO realize there are other things, right? Ha, ha.
I love you Beth, even if your crazy.
paul and i (and my awesome-o, goes to the bar, mother in law) are in town friday and saturday to see kat and karl, shop at the fair trade store, see the clinton library, and who knows what else!
I know I've given you a hard time in the past about not eating meat...the whole trust issue I have. I apologize. I think you're A-Ok even though we've only met in person once briefly.
Ha, ha. This post was totally written in sarcasm. I know I'm still stinkin' awesome. :)
yea brooke!! i hope we get to hang out sometime this weekend.
Dern. I'm going to South Arkansas to my parents' or I'd come kick it with ya'll Friday. Some other time.....
Yo, tofurkey sucks! i had it once and I almost puked, but soyburgers and regular tofu I like. I really like veggieburgers. By the way I meet a couple of your students at the football game on Saturday.
My sister (Katie) is a vegetarian as well, so we always run into the same problem at Christmas when they come to visit. Hanging out on Friday sounds good. I'll call.
hahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahah... this is me... pointing and laughing!
I love you, and your tofu turkey. That's right kids, I'm back! I don't have any pictures, so I'm just going to post comments no your blog, Elizabeth. See you soon!!!!!
that's supposed to say "on" not "no" I have a disorder....uh...a..typing disorder..yeah! Typing disorder
Post a Comment